2022 Pictures – Credit: Lindsay Caitlin Photography
Grand Sand 15k Trail Race is the vision of Cory and Anneke Funk who will be providing direction for this race and takes place on the beach and Trans-Canada Trail of Lester Beach as well as the cross country ski trails of Grand Beach Provincial Park.
We acknowledge that this event takes place on Treaty 1 Territory, traditional territory of the Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples and the homeland of the Metis Nation.
This race will be subject to and will follow any applicable health orders as they pertain to COVID-19.
Interested in Grand Sand 15k? Here are the details.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE REGISTERING.
Registration Details – SOLD OUT
Grand Sand 15k – Sunday, July 9, 2023
- Race Day Details
- Bib Pick-Up & Check-In 7:00 AM
- Racer Meeting 7:45 AM
- Race Begins at 8:00 AM
We have a cap of 100 participants.
Route & Start Location
Lester Beach will be the start location of Grand Sand 15k. Exact location details and parking instructions will be provided prior to the event in the Racer Guide.
Official route will be determined close to the event depending on water level.
See below link to GAIA from which you can also download the GPX file from 2022. Note that GAIA is currently having some problems and the link takes you to France, but if you zoom out and then back in to the Grand Beach area, you will find the route. Thank you for your patience as we work on fixing this issue.
2022 Grand Sand Official Route – GAIA GPS Link
- Registration begins Sunday, March 5 at 7:00 AM
- Early Bird Registration – $60.00. Registration happens through UltraSignup and will have a fee-tacked on to the $60.
- Regular Registration – $75.00. On March 12, 2023, registration goes up to $75, also through UltraSignup and will have a fee tacked on to the $75.
- Registration closes once we’ve reached our cap of 100, or June 18, whichever comes first.
- Refund Policy **Please take this into consideration before registering.
- Refunds and deferrals are not allowed regardless of the reason for dropping from the race or cancellation due to COVID-19 or any other factors. Many of the costs for this event are incurred well before the event takes place. If you are uneasy with this policy, please do not register.
- If you are unable to race, bib transfers are allowed to an unregistered participant. Bib transfers are only allowed until registration closes (June 18). Contact Joel Toews to make arrangements to transfer your bib. **joel[at]ontheedgerunning[dot]com
Access to a fun 15k route with start and finish on the beach, first aid support, Grand Sand patch, and post-race snacks provided by Cory’s Mom!!
DNF’s (Did Not Finish)
If you aren’t able to finish the route or get lost, you are still responsible to get back to the finish area. While there will be volunteers sweeping the course of flagging, no one is coming along the trail to pick you up. Know the route and where you’re going!
On the trail, you are responsible for you! Please make sure you have enough fluids, proper gear, appropriate first aid, and know how to use it. If you see someone in trouble, please provide help.